Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MY KITCHEN

My kitchen is pretty out dated. It has the olive green 1970's oven. So small not even a pizza pan will fit in it (not that I need to be eating pizza anyways) To turn it on, you have to click the knob up, then click it down, then hold your breath, squint one eye, stand on your right foot, and then while hopping over to your left foot, click it right in the middle. The hood is UGLY. I can not stand it. It too has buttons you have to hold your breath for and stand on one foot. The light button does not work, FOR ME, and the fan button.. like I said hold your breath. The fridge did not come with the house. It is a hand-me-down given to me by a wonderful person. I have no complaint other than the freezer is to small for anything,(I will never have a side by side fridge again) the light blinks at us just to let us know it does and can work if it wants, the door handle has a weird sticky feel to it no matter how many times I clean it, and the side bar pops out here and there.. Like I said no complaints (if you are reading this wonderful person who gave it to me.. I am truly thankful! regardless of its issues.. ) Plus it doesn't match but hey, neither do any of my other appliances. Then there is the dishwasher, lets just say it is old.. must wash the dishes twice sometimes. The cabinets are outdated but I actually think they are pretty nice. We do have a wonderful pantry which we have never had before. The floor.. oh the floor.. I just try not to look down. Other than that, other than the outdatedness. I LOVE IT. It is huge and fits all of out stuff! We need more counter space, but that is soon to come. I have extra cabinets to install, just have to get the counter tops.. The counter tops will be replaced when the appliances are replaced.. 2011 is the year for my kitchen!

This is the dining area.. just ignore the light fixture..
It will be replaced ASAP
Below is the Kitchen the day we got the keys. The door to the right is the HUGE pantry. I could not imagine my life without it. Don't forget to check out the 1970s oven!

Below is after it was painted. YES, we have had a basketball goal in our kitchen..The back door goes to the garage. The huge light fixture above the cabinets and fridge it king of tacky but it puts off the best light. I wont ever change it. It is florescent like you would think it is. It makes the kitchen bright and clear. Ok maybe one day track lighting would be nice..



Like I said, 2011 is the year for my kitchen. Updates to come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment